Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney in Nampa, ID
Aggressive, Affordable Criminal Defense Representation
If you have been accused of causing an auto accident that resulted in another’s death, you may face vehicular manslaughter charges. In addition to being involved in a horrific accident that may have left you seriously injured, you may now find yourself facing criminal proceedings and an uncertain future.
Involving a Nampa vehicular manslaughter attorney is necessary at this critical moment. Anything you say and do can be used against you. Law enforcement is not on your side and may actively try to get you to admit fault. You need someone in your corner who is ready to fight for your constitutional rights. You need Gulstrom & Govia. We have more than 30 years of combined legal experience and are fierce defenders of our clients’ rights and interests.
For a free consultation regarding your vehicular manslaughter case, call us at (208) 502-5006.
Penalties for Vehicular Manslaughter in Idaho
Vehicular manslaughter is a crime that involves an unintentional, but negligent, act that causes another person’s death. Specifically, a person may face vehicular manslaughter charges if he or she is accused of causing a fatal auto accident while:
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicating substances (DUI); or
- Committing a non-felony act with or without gross negligence.
The penalties for vehicular manslaughter in Idaho vary depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident:
- Vehicular manslaughter in the absence of gross negligence or DUI is punishable by up to 1 year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
- Vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Vehicular manslaughter with DUI or aggravated DUI is punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000.
With these penalties in mind, it is easy to see why it is so important to involve a Nampa vehicular manslaughter defense lawyer as soon as possible if you’ve been arrested or accused of this crime. Gulstrom & Govia is ready to help. All you have to do to get started is to call our offices.
Contact our firm today at (208) 502-5006.