Nampa Theft Crime Attorney
Shoplifting, Robbery & Other Theft Crime Charges
Have you been arrested for shoplifting? Are you under investigation for identity theft? Have you been called in for questioning regarding a robbery? If you are facing theft allegations or charges, you must move quickly to protect your constitutional rights. This is best accomplished with a criminal defense attorney who knows the ins and outs of state and federal theft laws.
Gulstrom & Govia provides experienced, aggressive counsel for theft-related charges across Southwest Idaho. Our Nampa theft crime lawyers understand what it takes to defend a client against allegations of this kind, and we use our resources and knowledge to protect our clients’ interests if they are arrested, at their bail hearings, and during every stage or phase of their cases.
Find out what our firm can do to help you by calling (208) 502-5006 for a free consultation.
Grand Theft vs. Petit Theft
In Idaho, theft crimes are typically classified as grand theft or petit theft, depending on the value of property involved. Petit theft is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in county jail, a fine of up to $1,000, and victim restitution. Grand theft is a felony punishable by 1 to 20 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, and repayment for the stolen items or property.
The prosecuting attorney may pursue felony charges for theft if you allegedly:
- Threatened another person with injury, property damage, or other harm.
- Took property valued at over $1,000.
- Took the property off another’s person.
- Used extortion to obtain the property.
- Took a check, bank note, account number, credit card, or debit card.
- Took a public record or instrument filed by a public officer or servant.
- Took a firearm.
- Took an animal valued at over $150.
- Committed several acts of theft as part of one common scheme, and the aggregate value exceeded $1,000.
- Committed three acts of theft within three days, and the total value of property was over $50.
If you are ready to see how a Nampa theft crime attorney can protect your rights, call us at (208) 502-5006.